It’s time to check your refrigerators. Sargento Foods Inc. has actually just released a huge recall of 7 cheeses due to a prospective contamination from listeria monocytogenes. The company confirms no illnesses have been reported yet.
Listeriosis is a severe infection contracted by eating food contaminated with bacteria. An estimated 1,600 individuals get contaminated each year– and about 260 die. The germs is most damaging to pregnant females, babies, grownups aged 65 or older, and individuals with weakened body immune systems.
Sargento is continuing to closely keep an eye on and collect details from their provider, based in Middlebury, Ind. The provider apparently informed Sargento Food Inc. that a specialty Longhorn Colby cheese it supplied had actually possibly been polluted and had to be remembered.
The business continues to respond to their customers and provide reimbursements. If you acquired cheese, you can call 1-800-CHEESES or email the company via the Contact page on their website.
THE REMEMBERED PRODUCTS INCLUDE:
- Sargento Ultra Thin Slice Longhorn Colby
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese
- Sargento Slice Colby-Jack Cheese
- Sargento Slice Pepper Jack Cheese
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese
- Sargento Off the Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese
No other Sargento branded products were affected by this recall.
Source: Reflection of Mind