There are so many pumpkin seeds that are lost during the years, thrown because their cleaning and roasting is too much work for us. Or, ther are some of you that think that these seeds don’t contain any nutritional value. But, it doesn’t matter what is the reason, we all make mistake about these seeds. The pumpkin seeds are one of the perfect foods from the nature.
5 Awesome Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds For Your Body
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium. Most people in the world are deficient with magnesium. Magnesium is one of the most important minerals, so it is responsible for more than 300 different biochemical reactions that are necessarily for our body to function correctly. Half a cup of pumpkin seeds has 92% of your daily magnesium value
- Pumpkin seeds boost testosterone on a natural way. Pumpkin seeds are miraculous for the males, because are containing nutrients such as vitamins B, C, D, E, and K which are very important for the libido. Moreover, pumpkin seeds are rich also with zinc that is the power for the high testosterone levels.
- Pumpkin seeds improve mood and reduce hot flashes. Because pumpkin seeds contain tryptophan that is needed for the serotonin production in the brain, they also can help you to improve your mood. As pumpkin seeds contain magnesium, they are also useful for hot flashes, because magnesium helps to balance the body temperature.
- Pumpkin seeds can fight with cancer. One of the compounds that pumpkin seeds contain is cucurbitacins. Some studies show that these compounds are very useful in cancer healing by eliminating various types of cancer cells.
- Pumpkin seeds are helpful in threatment insomnia. The compund Tryptophan is an amino acid which helps in the seratonin and melatonin production that has a very important role for your sleep/wake cycle. So, you will fall asleep more easier if you consume pumpkin seeds.
Next time when you prepare some pumpkin recipe, have all these benefits in your mind and don’t throw the pumpkin seeds, but prepare them as a nutritious snacks.
Source: http: livingtraditionally.com