Ceramic “eco” pans are more dangerous than the teflon.
Have you read about the harmful effects of Teflon and decide to remove from your kitchen the Teflon cookware?
Are you looking for a new, healthier and safer cookware?
Are you perhaps caught the eyes of those beautiful white pots and pans with a “revolutionary” ceramic coating?
Although they said they were “green”, “eco” and “healthy”, these pans are perhaps more dangerous than Teflon.
Why Teflon cookware should not be in your kitchen
If you have not read about the harmful effects of of Teflon, we will briefly state the reasons why you should avoid it:
- Contrary to what are saying the advertising messages, Teflon does not tolerate the temperature at which food is prepared.
- During heating Teflon pans at 240-350 ° C comes to disintegration of Teflon and releasing toxic vapor.
- These temperatures are releasing large amounts of fluorinated acid, tetrafluoroethylene and heksafluorpropena and small nanoparticles of Teflon.
- When the temperature is even greater (which can be achieved, leaving an empty pan on the fire just 3 minutes), are released even more harmful poisons perfluorizobuten and carbonyl fluoride.
- Tetrafluoroethylene, perfluoroktanic acid and perfluorizobuten are carcinogens and are 10 times more toxic than conventional poison gas phosgene and monofluorocent acid that can cause death even in low concentrations.
- Teflon the polymer industry product, during World War II was used in the production of nuclear bombs.
- PFC compounds containing Teflon are toxic and not biodegradable, however, with time are accumulating in the environment.
- PFC disrupts hormonal balance in the body, can cause many types of cancer, damage the immune system and prevents the normal development of the fetus.
It’s a smart choice to throw out the teflon cookware from the kitchen. But what to replace it? Which cookware is healthy , and which is not? And thus what will replace the pan for pancakes?!!
Today in the stores you can see white and colored pans and whole cookwear sets with ceramic-nonstick coating. They look modern and are presented like a healthy alternative to Teflon cookware.
Unfortunately, although they say that they are environmentally friendly and healthy, this is far away from the truth.
Why are pans with ceramic coating a poor substitute for Teflon?
Pans with ceramic-nonstick coating have appeared recently on the market.
Their production is possible thanks to the advances in technology.
It is a “revolutionary” coating consisting of ceramics nanoparticles that are glued to the pan by means of a special glue.
The first thing that concerns is the use of a glue.
Many researchers tried to get the answer from the manufacturers how this glue behavior at high temperatures and scratches and which is the amount of the glue that is released into the food. But, they still didn’t get the answer.
Actually, what really worries is the use of nanoparticles.
The problem is that nanotechnology is a completely new branch of science. Nanoproducts began to sell without conducted additional research and monitoring.
It is not entirely clear how nanoparticles act on our health and the environment.
We already use the washing machine, cosmetics with nano silver and antibacterial socks.
Then we realized that silver nanoparticles enter the environment and alter the natural balance of microorganisms in nature. That is why many products with nano silver are hastily withdrawn from the market.
The manufacturers of nanoceramics pans owe us an answer on the following questions: How many nanoparticles are released into the air? How many of them are ingested through the food ? How do they behave in the body?
Unfortunately, the answer to this question will not be soon get because the technology to measure the emitted nanoparticles does not yet exist!
Results of research of the influence of nanoparticles on the human body and the environment are worring. It has been found that nanoparticles behave very aggressively.
It seems that nanoparticles are more reactive and more toxic than other materials because of their small size and increased reactivity.
Nanoparticles quickly enter into our organism. They are rather small and movable and therefore the immune system does not recognize them.
- particles with size of 70 nanometers are stored deep in our lungs,
- particles with size of 50 nanometers freely enter our cells,
- particles with size of 30 nanometers cross the blood-brain barrier and enter the brain.
Does this sound you harmless?
A healthy alternative to Teflon and Nanoceramic pans
The question remains: what to replace Teflon cookware?
Cookware of stainless steel, high-quality enamel cookware, glass, clay and ceramic cookware (not nano!) are excellent and healthy cookwares for preparing food.
Cast iron frying pan that distributes heat evenly and allow preparing food without sticking, gives the best result for baking pancakes and other sticky foods.
These pans are getting warm slightly longer and are relatively heavy, but they are very easy to wash and are healthy.
Our recommendations are pans made of cast iron with enamel glaze of Le Crueseta that have shown excellent results when baking.
This cookware with a long tradition, many professional chefs considered deservedly as the best, healthiest and most reliable cookware.