Exercises with resistance (pushing a stationary object) are useful to maintain strength and mobility.
When muscular is dystrophy, especially vulnerable muscles controlling the hip, knees, shoulders and
torso. Here are described only simple exercises for these muscle groups. There is no need to do all of these exercises at once; some of them may be too difficult for some patients. In choosing exercises decisive criterion is the overall health of the patient, but generally better if the load to be maximized.
1. Start out, sitting on a hard chair or the edge of the bed, holding the edge. Raise your feet up while straightening the knee joints (as in kicking).
Attention! It is important to straighten the legs in the knees as straight as possible, and the patient does not have to fall back on. To complicate this exercise, you can keep a foot in the straightened position for a count of 10. Repeat 20 times with 30 seconds rest between each attempt. After mastering, this exercise can be repeated with the same resistance. Resistance is instructor manually or small bags of sand, gradually increasing weight of from 0.3 to 2 kg. Do not use the weight or resistance, if the leg at the knee joint can not be arbitrarily rectified.
2. Start out, lying on its side (you can put the hard cushion under the back). Raise your leg up and slightly backward. Repeat 10 times. To complicate the exercise, you can keep a foot in the raised position for 5 seconds. Then, the patient is turned and repeats the exercise 10 times for the other leg. Breathing is arbitrary.
3. Start out-prone: a) alternating lifting feet, straightening the knee. Repeat 10 times for each leg.
Breathing is arbitrary, b) alternate lifting arms back behind her back along the body. Repeat 10 times with each hand. Breathing is arbitrary.
4. Start out-lying on his back. Try to sit down without using their hands (they have to be crossed on chest). Chin pressed against the chest. Repeat up to 5 times.
This is a difficult exercise, modifications can be used: a) an instructor support arms and legs without
lifting a patient; b) the exercise can be started from the initial position – Reclining, putting a cushion
under the shoulders and head.
5. Start out, sitting on the floor or on a firm surface. It can be placed under the hand rolls. Starting from the floor on straightened arms, trying to lift the hips off the floor, repeat this 3-5 times, breathing arbitrary.
Basic stretching exercises described above, contribute to the passive stretching of the muscle groups, performing movements in the lower extremities. However, different motor actions (getting up from the bed, from a chair, walking, etc.) occurs friendly inclusion in the work of muscles contract simultaneously.
These movements often include torque, torsional moment; therefore, these exercises should be included in the complex of therapeutic exercises.
Exercises for the lower and upper limbs must be carried out with such resistance that the patient can perform the motor act completely.
1. Start out-lying on back. Alternately raise your legs to the opposite shoulder – exhale, lower the leg down and away – breath. The instructor creates resistance manually. Repeat 8-10 times with each leg.
2. Start out just the same. The instructor leads the patient’s arm to the opposite ear with gentle resistance patient execution of this movement. Breathing is arbitrary. Repeat 8-10 times for each hand set of exercises should be performed several times a day for 5-10 minutes. The patient should not get tired. It is important to maintain a balance between encouraging the patient to a mild exercises and a strict requirement. Conducting classes in the form of games can help to achieve mutual understanding and cooperation relations with the sick. Recommended sports and applied exercises, lessons on the simulator settings.